Established in 1928, George H. Fisher Elementary school is located 10000 Crosley Street in the neighborhood of Plymouth and Beech Daly Roads. Our school Most of our students are local and come to us from the surrounding neighborhood.
Points of Pride Include:
- Teachers, administration, and support staff dedicated to ensuring the success of each and every child.
- A welcoming, safe, and exciting learning environment.
- Broad innovating curriculum that includes Art, Music, Physical Education and Foreign Language.
- Specialized partnerships with business, community, and government leaders including Detroit Diesel, Redford Public Library, Madonna University, Girl & Boy Scouts, Redford Township Police and Fire Departments, and many more.
- High academic expectations for students.
- A fabulous Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) which sponsors various opportunities for families to engage with our school community.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dad's of Great Students Program) that encourages fathers and other positive male role models to be involved and visible within our school community.
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) throughout the school that encourages students to make healthy behavior choices and reflect on improvement.
- Weekly celebration assemblies where students are recognized for their accomplishments and leadership.